College & Career Prep
Congratulations! If you are enrolled in this class it means you are a senior that is looking forward to graduation this year! You have worked hard for the last few years, but you have more work ahead of you, both in order to graduate from enCompass Academy, and to prepare for life after high school.
Course Goals & Requirements
Upon completion of this course students will…
- Have explored post-secondary career options
- Have filled out a completed FAFSA
- Applied to five post-secondary schools
- Applied for five different post-secondary scholarships
- Completed a Toastmasters workshop
- Completed 30 hours of community service
- Toured multiple college campuses
- Completed a reflection essay on their time in high school
- Completed a research paper on the career of their choosing
- Presented their research at senior night
Order senior shirts at www.customink.com/g/dgr0-00b4-721p
Volunteer Time Sheet - You must complete 30 hours of volunteer work this school year. This time sheet is due on Friday, May 4th 2018.
Quarter 1 Assignments
Career Exploration - Visit www.sokanu.com to complete a career aptitude test. Use the results to complete this worksheet.
Six Reasons Volunteering is Important
Two Year vs. Four Year Colleges: Which one is right for you?
Chartering Your Choice for College