1. How do you know who you are? 2. Is this a utopia or a dystopia? What might this decision entail?
2. How is this related to E.M. Forster’s “The Machine Stops”? Modern Times?
3. What is so special about Ford or Freud?
4. At what price happiness?
5. What should be the goal of any society?
6. Who has power here?
7. How is stability maintained?
8. What role does the individual play in this society? How is that individual defined?
9. Who is the stability good for?
10. From whose point of view are we seeing this society?
11. What point of view does John represent?
12. Isn’t this “peace on earth and goodwill towards men”?
13. What would you be willing to give up for world peace, an end to poverty, hunger, etc.?
14. What would you consider to be a utopia?